It took me until the second half of November but I finally found a morning routine that I can commit to. It’s simple & boxed into a 1-hour frame first thing in the morning. My only commitment is to get out of bed with my alarm. My checklist takes me through the rest.
Here’s the routine as it stands now:
- 6:00 AM: Get out of bed, get a glass of water, brush my teeth & wash my face
- 6:15 AM: Pless “start” on my Headspace meditation track
- 6:30 AM: Do two rounds of sun salutations (I’m using the Sworkit app to time the routine)
- 6:45 AM: Write a page in my journal & (if time) read a chapter of a creative living/inspirational book
- 7:00 AM: Done! Go make coffee & get ready for work
I start in the dark with a candle lit & then turn on my lamp for journaling. Yoga music gets put on after the meditation and keeps me company until the end.
It’s already transformed my day, in only a week, so I can’t wait to keep it up & see where it takes me!